Friday, January 06, 2006

New Year ... new movie

I went to see my friend Guðbjörtu tonight, to see her before I go back to Glasgow and we sat down and watched a Bollywood film. Bunty aur Babli! It was great. I really like Bollywood films right now. More so than Hollywood films, 90 min crap that has no story and editing so horrible you have no idea what you were watching and forget what it was the next day. With a 3 HOUR long Bollywood film you, at least, feel like you got something for your money.
Bunty aur Babli, is great comedy with lots of colors and music as well. Amitabh Bachchan and his son Abishek are great in their roles, although the father still manages to outshine his son. Rani Mukherjee is also always great. This wonderful cast manages to make this film very heartwarming and sweet. I even just managed to hold back the tears at the appropriate moment. I reckomend it to everyone that has trained their ass to sit still for more than three hours in the same chair. Although if you are so ingenious to have DVD player, pressing the pause button, helps when taking bathroom breaks.

No comments: