Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Back in Glasgow ... and I am cold

It is freezing here, it is soooo cold, I have to basically keep my window nailed shut to keep the cold from sneaking into my room. Thank God, for the invention of the electrical radiator I have here.
Today was the second day back at school, and already by 12 o'clock noon you could find me and Claire at the pub, having a wee swally. We were preparing ourselves for Old irish, we didn't really feel up to it yet, I have to do some excercise for Friday and I am so not in the mood. Old Irish today, was just frighting, it contained all sorts of weird and scary words, like; imperative, infixed pronouns and imperfect. But at the end it sort of got better. We got a new book today in Old Irish, it's called Scela Mucce Meic Datho (in Old irish) and is The Story of MacDatho's Pig. Actually a very funny story, although if you have no background in Celtic literature, I don't recomend it as the first read, because I did that and I was just plain scared. At the end of the class today we started to read a few sentences from the book and try to translate them, and it actually went well for me, aside from maybe 3 or 4 words that I didn't know, I understood the sentences, and that is always a good thing when you are learning a language.

No comments: