Friday, December 30, 2005

The Year is almost over

Ok, this became a much longer blogg than I intended and I do definitely not expect you all to read it so just ignore it and take it for the new years ramble it was meant to be.
Wishing you all a very happy new year!

And it has been a wonderful year. Just before Christmas I got to see my cousin Huginn Heiðar for the first time and it was great. I have been following his progess for months. The wee guy had to have a liver-transplant very early on in his young life and he has been patiently trying to get well. It was great to get to touch the soft little guy to see how warm and alive he is, his eyes following us everywhere and the toy we gave him greatly interested him as it made all sorts of funny noises.
My own wee niece has been a great source of fun comments and antics. The only way a four year old could be. Precious moments to be cherished indeed.
I have also spent a number to moments with my dear friends during the year, chatting and playing board-games (that are suspiciously addictive) but now near the end of the year, it was more marked by meeting of friends that have not had the opportunity to see each other for a long time.
My friend Guðbjört, who I have not seen since the beginning of January, came home from India in November. My friend Guðný Stella, went to South-America just after easter, so I haven't seen her all summer, she came home in November as well, so I was very happy to see her again.
But my friends Hrafnhildur and Guðmundur who I left home alone for the months I was away in Glasgow were very glad to see me again, and we have been spending every moment we get to play our addictive board-games.
We like board-games and they seem to like us as well, since they have started producing games that are sooo addictive to us, and on top of that also issuing additions to the games.
We have Catan (the Island) with the Seafarers addition and now Cities and Merchants. We also have Carcassone, which is sort of like an island, but not, and we have the Pubs and Churches addition and now Merchants as well. Both these board-games are addictive because, I think, they are forever changing, the board you play the game on is never the same so you never ever play the same game twice, and that way you never get bored.
This year has also been great in that mom is gradually always getting better and better, although on busy days it can become too much for her.
We all agree that we had a very nice Christmas here at home, and everyone was excited and happy about their presents. I got soo many that I thought someone had made a mistake, because I had not expected this. But the presents seemed to pour in from all over the world. I got loads of games, and even dvd's and cd's that I didn't own, imagine that! I even got a book, and you know how there can't be Christmas if you don't recieve a good book. I got Andlit norðursins (or Faces of the North) by Ragnar Axelsson a very gifted Icelandic photographer, from my brother, I was very pleased with it. I got wonderful martini glasses from my friends Hröbbu and Gumma and a bread-maker from mom and dad along with a coat. I recieved a wonderful blouse from my grandmother and a shawl she had crocheted for me (even though her eyes are failing her) I will cherish it always. I also got a pretty Swarowski crystal cross necklace from my mother. Two brooches from my friends Guðný Stellu and Claire. And the most wonderful sari costumes and shawl and necklace and Indian dolls from my friends Margréti and Guðbjörtu. I could go on and on. Thank you for everything and I love you all guys.

1 comment:

Mummi said...

Já gleðilegt nýtt ár ungfrú.. og hafðu það nú gott allt næsta ár líka...

kær kveðja
Mummi