Monday, October 04, 2004

Tha mi ás a Gáidhligh ifrinn a rithist

transl: "I am in Gaelic hell again". I know it is not really very nice to complain about school when only a week has passed but damn, Gaelic is killing me. And just to tell you everything, I am not alone in that feeling. I spent five hours translating lousy 2 chapters (13 pages) for Gaelic class, two of us couldn't finish and the fourth one took seven hours to translate the work (and in truth she did a lot better job than I did). We were discussing Gaelic just before the class started and we all feel that considering what we are expected to do for each class we should be better at Gaelic at this point, so I guess we will be raising some hell in next class, because we are so not able to handle this. We are definitely not at the level of what is expected of us and what we do know.
But on funner notes, eh, what am I talking about I am a student not much fun going around here. Except when I had finally finished my translation, Dee and I watched a movie Lakshmi, a neigbhor of ours had lent to us, Munna Bhai M.B.B.S. and it was hilarious. It's like watching a Carry On film in hindi. Specifically Carry On Doctor. And the most fun part was, it was without subtitles and we were still laughing our head off, we kind of got the main gist of it, because of our limited knowledge of hindi but work it did.
Today I also finally know the full extent of my laziness. I have been here for two weeks now, and I never bothered to check my printer, to see if there was something wrong, no, not until I actually had to use it to print out a piece of paper to hand in. And of course, there was no ink, well, I could have printed it out in green colour, but I somehow don't think the teacher was looking for green homework, so I had to write it up on paper all over again. Ahhhhhhh! So now I have to go buy some ink for my printer.

No comments: