Saturday, October 16, 2004

I'm getting a dress made...

ligga ligga lái. Sorry about that. I had to brag a bit. I went to Allison Street today to see if the owner of the shop, where I might get my dress made was back, and guess what, she WAS. And yes, she is going to make my Salwar-Kameese (I think I am spelling it right, and least very close) and it's going to be ready in about 2 weeks time and she's going to call me when. But the most amazing thing is the prize in which she is doing this. I almost feel like I am paying for slave-labour. For this three piece suit she is only taking 22 pounds, I mean you could try and get trousers altered for this price back home but I doubt that you would be very successful. I was basically looking to be paying 100 pounds or over, but Dee told me that this is normal prize for it. Which just makes me that much happier, I have extra money to spend, hehehe. And she said I could come anytime if I wanted more made and she showed me fabrics and stuff she has. And Hrabba, pay attention now, she has matierial for Sarees, for the skirt, the blouse and the petticoat. So you can now start looking for a good price on airline tickets and come over for a visit and we'll go shopping sarees.
So anyone can understand why am so very happy today. I am finally getting my Salwar-Kameese.
Also, I went to the cinemas tonight as well, with my friend Árdísi. Went to see Princess Diaries II, which was actually much more fun than I thought. But then again I wasn't really expecting much.

No comments: