Tuesday, September 21, 2004

A nice surprise

I got a very nice surprise today around five-ish. I got a phone call, from who I thought would be Laura welcoming me back to Glasgow - but no it wasn't. It was Árdís, my Icelandic friend from last year here in Glasgow. Ok, it was nice to meet her again and all but there was more surprise for me to come. I had kept a few things over the summer for her and of course assumed that she would be coming to collect her things and go back to the appartment she would be leasing with a friend. But no, only one was right, she was coming to collect her things but we were only carrying it, basically, across the lawn. She is now living in Block 9 almost directly across from me who am in Block 6, so I have an Icelandic friend on campus now. Isn't that sweet. So I helped move her across the yard and then we had pizza and watched some television, and then it's enrollment tomorrow, fun, fun, fun. Although this year, we won't be taking any courses together. But I will have my friend Claire with me in Gaelic and Celtic Civilisation.

No comments: