Sunday, September 26, 2004

Come rain, come shine ...

I still have to shop for groceries. And today it was raining, that is, until I came home then the sun started to shine, but only for thirty minutes or so. And I finally phoned Laura today, I'm not that much for phones so I had been putting it off, hoping she would contact me through e-mail, but hey, it wasn't so bad. And I went to her appartment, the first time I have been in a scottish home, and it was so nice. I especially liked the window, I love windows. And it was so nice and cosy and it was incredibly fun to meet her again, so much to talk about. And then I came home to have my diner, but .... big problem. The oven was taken so now I am taking it easy for a few moments, but I have to tell you about the taxi driver who drove me here from Lauras. I asked me shortly after I had gotten into his cab where I was from: "Iceland" I answered, and then he said "Égelskaþig" and it basically took me a minute to figure out what he had said. He had been in Iceland 30 years ago and still remembered that sentence, Ég elska þig, I found that amazing. And he kept talking to me and saying stuff in Icelandic inbetween and hearing a scottish person talking to you and throwing icelandic words in between is amazing and fun to listen to. Klúbburinn, Valur, Akranes, he had been playing football there and he and his buddies were still remembering being there.
Tomorrow is a holliday here, but no one seems to know why. That seems to happen a lot here, but hey, that means that I won't start school until tuesday. Fine by me!

No comments: