Wednesday, July 28, 2004

There and back again

We are back from Glasgow and I have started back at work.  The past week was wonderful, great and amuzing.  We were able to do so much and see so much and shopp soooooo much.  My luggage alone was over 25 kilos, although I didn't even take everything I bought home with me.
We came to Glasgow on Tuesday 20th of July and started shopping.  On Thursday me and Hrabba went to Allison street and browsed through tons of shops looking for materials for a sari.  That task took us many many hours, but it was fun. Even I bought some material although it is not for a sari.
On Friday we took a trip up to Loch Ness and Inverness and although it was fun, it could have been better because, although the bus stopped often enough, it was never at very interesting places and when it did stop in interesting places it was only for a few minutes and never enough time to get something to eat and to just wander around as well. So that was a bit of a let down.
On Saturday we took the train to Edinburgh and took a look at the Castle among other things, and then had both lunch and dinner at the Hard Rock Café in Edinburgh.  There we bought 2 martini glasses but when we were on the train heading home we noticed that one of the glasses was chipped.  So what did we do, we went to Edinburgh again on Sunday, although not until after five, so we did a little more shopping in Glasgow before leaving.  Had dinner at HRC again, very nice food there, I reckomend it.
And then on Monday more shopping, and some last minute shopping and then home to pack for coming home on Tuesday again.
So this was truly a very eventful week for us all, and I have put a link for part of the photos, not all of them are there yet. I have still to upload some of the photos to the internet.

No comments: