Friday, July 30, 2004

Nothing to do & Verslunarmannahelgin

I brought a book with me to work this morning, in case there was nothing to do.  Well, that is an understatement.  The book in question I had never read before and now I have finished it and I still have at least three hours to kill at work.  I am so bored.  Now for the rest of the day I will be sitting in my chair twiddling my thumbs in hopes that someone might come and disturb my peace of mind. 
Tomorrow is the start of Verslunarmannahelgin, the busiest weekend for travellers of all.  It is a three day weekend and everyone goes out of town and go almost "Woodstock" but with clear Icelandic agenda.  Get drunk and stay drunk for three whole days.  Well, that is an overstatement, some will only stay drunk for two days.  But the weather, at least yesterday and today, has been less than ideal for camping and I am a person who thinks that the human being evolved into a bed for a reason so you will never find me shivering in a tent. No sir.  And so, I am discovering a rather nasty side of myself.  I couldn't care less about the souls now shivering in a tent somewhere on a god-forsaken island (Vestmanneyjar, heheheeh) or any other place in Iceland this week, simply because they find this cool, it probably is but right now I think they are more cold than cool.

No comments: