Thursday, June 22, 2006

What a day

I finally recieved my official exam results letter from Uni, so I hurry with it to the Loan Institute (afectionately known as LÍN ... or not) to hand the letter in so I can get some money, so I can go party. Well there is this sort of air-duct on the street itself, where you walk and because some lousy jeep parked right in front of the door, I had to cross this duct. Well, not good news. Those who know me, know that I only walk in loose fitting long skirts so now you can just call me Marilyn Monroe of the 21. century, because like in the famous picture taken of her in a similar situation, my skirt flew right over my shoulders. Hopefully not to many noticed. But like my friend said, it must have been a real kodak moment for those that did.
Well the day isn't over and what do you think happened when I came back to work.
This morning a customer gave me candy, but not ordinary candy. It was candy that colors the teeth and tongue bright blue. We were hoping a co-worker would "gleypa við þessu" take one for himself but no, and here the bad things turned worse. Coffee-break and we left the candy lying around, thinking that another person who knew about it would say something for the chosen few that were not to have it, but no she didn't. I came back from coffee-break earlier than my two cohorts, and I got a light shock. One of the candies was missing, so I asked her who took it. It turned out to be our boss. Oooops. I run back outside to tell the girls, almost having a heart-attack at the same time. The look on their faces, was ommigod, and we burst out laughing like crazy people. We went inside and looked in through the office window of our boss trying to see if he had eaten it allready. Then the next in charge caught us where we were hanging outside our bosses door, so he took us inside and we asked our boss if he had had any candy, and he sheepishly said yes, and then grinned. Then he stuck his tongue out at us, and it was bright bright blue. We laughed so hard that I still ache in my jaws, thankfully he wasn't going to an important meeting or anything, and he could see the humor in it as well, so he laughed as well, but damn that was so embarrassing. But at least it taught him not to sneak into the candy bowl unless you know what you are getting.

No comments: