Monday, June 05, 2006

King Kong

I finally had a chance to see the film. I refused to go with my friend to see it when it was shown in cinemas. Then she saw it and said it was crap, I concur. Her dad bought it in China for pittance and she loaned it to me, in case I was curious. Well, curiosity killed the cat or should I say King Kong. I watched it last night and the end this morning. What a load of crap. Why do I feel like I was watching a remake of Jurassic Park rather than King Kong. It was only Jurassic Park with an ape instead of dinasaurs, although they did have a minor role in the film anyway. And finally when I felt the emotional tear-jerking chord being struck they killed it off with Jack Black spouting off his stupid philosophy "It wasn't the airplains. Beauty killed the beast!" Then I felt like throwing up. Completely and utterly pointless even on the entertainment level of a movie. I sat stupified watching the screen with about fifteen minute intervals ranting what a crap stupid film this was. Not good. And on top of that, I haven't seen such a crap film since I sat through War of the Worlds. Which is unacceptable since I like this film genre but hey, the films need a story line that is remotely catching for the audience, and I don't need it to be plausible for me to enjoy it, I like the fiction of it as well, but this is not working boys. Work harder on your scripts if you think of trying to sell more movies. Because your names in front of a movie title does nothing for me if the movie doesn't sell itself first.

No comments: