Monday, June 19, 2006

I am soooo lazy

I didn't think I would be this lazy. Since coming home I have hardly written anything, and nothing really interesting. Even though I have been trying to and I have no trouble finding stuff to write about, but as soon as I sit down infront of the computer, I am dead. I just came home from a cafe shop, where I met my firend Árdís and some of her friends, as it was her birthday today. Soo much fun, because I had almost met all of them at one point or another, which made it all easier for me.
Another point I want to get across. I'm a nerd, and I like it. I am now sitting infront of the television watching a show my mom taped for me while I was at the birthday party. Yup, can't miss something as exciting as this. Now, some of you might think Lost, Prison Break, Amazing Race, Project Runway, Americas Next Top Model, but NO. It's Secrets of Stonehenge. I am such a nerd, and I am loving it.

A few older news;
17th of June, our Independence day was celebrated as usually with rain. Although it didn't rain the whole day, and not overly much, but still, tippically shitty Icelandic outdoor celebration weather. I went to the city center with my brother, sister-in-law and niece, walked all over the Miðbæ and then bought my niece a nice balloon and saw a few minutes from a stage show of Lazytown, before we headed over to Grandma's for coffee and cakes. Later we all headed home, where mom cooked wonderful food and we ate until we were "so sad we could spring" or near bursting anyway.
Day after I went shopping, woowee I like shopping. First with mom and dad, and then they left me alone in the shopping center where I waited for my friend to show up and we continued. We were bying a wedding present for a friend of mine. We finally decided on very nice things for the home, that I think everyone could be pleased with.

I still haven't started reading enought for my dissertation. Mostly because I like cramming things and ideas into my head, and I haven't had the time to do anything like that in any seriousness. So I am still trying to regulate myself a bit, but it just doesn't seem to be working, because there always seems to be something that comes up.
But I will have to start soon, considering how long it has been since I came home, and time flies, so it isn't so long until I leave for Glasgow again, that I will have endless time to give to the dissertation so it is soon that I have to put myself into the get-going-girl mode before I go crazy with selfblame of not having started earlier. It is just always so easy to say, oooh, I'll do it tomorrow.

No comments: