Saturday, June 24, 2006

It's a sad, wretched life

I hope I will never become as pitiful as the people I saw last night. I went with my friends to a pub in the city center last night, to say goodbye to a friend of a friend, who had been visiting Iceland for a few days. I have never gone "pubbing" in Reykjavik before, even though I am 27 years old, it was just never my "thang", so to speak. But I have also been living for 3 years in Glasgow, so I have been to a few bars and pubs, so I kind of know what to expect. But nothing, prepared me for what I saw. If I have said, that I find it quite bad in Glasgow, it is much worse here. In Glasgow the only thing you have to be aware of is, where you go, like if there are a lot of neds around the place or if it is sort of shady. But here it was enough to stand on Laugavegur and be afraid of your life. I don't like this kind of brutal way the people here are "entartaining" themselves. Dólgsháttur og læti. I didn't even feel safe where I sat with my friends, and if you had to get from A to B inside the places you basically, didn't get to be nice and polite, you actually had to just wade, and climb over people to get there. Ewe, uck, touching people where you don't know where they have been! Not something a Lady likes to do. Because I was tired, but mostly because I wanted to get out of there, I excused myself early and went outside to wait for mom to pick me up I saw way to much of Reykjavik city life than I ever want to do again.
Drunk people, holding hands so drunk that even though they aim for the broad side of the house, they still miss it because they are so wobbly, almost getting hit by a car at the same time. Walking over moving cars, yelling at everyone that walks past, laughing histerically because they find their own drunkenness so damn funny that they end up puking their guts out in the next flowerpot. This is so sad, and wretched, a selfmade hell for these people that find this exciting and something to hunt down every weekend. I hope I never become this human garbage that I saw there last night. Scary!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hvaða subbu búllum ert þú eiginlega á? Viðurkenni að það er mikil ölvun og læti og troðið inn á skemmtistöðum en það er líka fullt af liði sem er ekki svona. Bara edrú og í góðu skapi :) Ég hef nú líka reyndar alveg svakalega gaman af því að horfa á hinar fyllibytturnar og gera grín að þeim ;)