Monday, June 05, 2006

I bought a painting

I went with my mom and dad and grandmother for a Sunday ride yesterday, we ended up in Hveragerði, in Eden to have coffe and cakes. I was the best idea in a long time. There was an exhibition by an artist, my favorite, Bjarni Jónsson, and he does beautiful paintings that appeal greatly to me. A few years ago I was lucky enough to aquire one of his paintings and I have since treasured it greatly. Well, yesterday I got painting number two. It is called the Elf City and it contains such incredible depth and perception that I was captivated by it. I almost lost the opportunity to get it if I had been a minute too late to ask for it. Thankfully it now sits proudly on my wall, right in front of me, where I can disappear into unknown worlds for hours on end in search for inspiration and tranquility.

No comments: