Thursday, April 13, 2006

I am just custie [kustí]

I can hardly believe it. I just finished my most difficult exam of all this year, Old Irish and I am calm. I was calm before the exam and during it, worked my way through and remembered to breath periodically and then we left. Strange, I would have imagined that I would either drown in despair in the next pub or shout to the world that I had survived Old Irish. No, nothing like that, I am still calm. I haven't shouted anything, come to think of it. I think I might still be in shock. It wasn't as horrible as we were expecting ... I mean it was do-able, but could have been much nicer. Three sections, and I went straight to section B, because I knew that if there was anything in the exam that I should be able to handle it would be in Section B - do a translation on a bit of Mac Dathó's Pig (great story by the way) and then there was this unseen translation. I know, just the term makes cold chills run down your spine and your hair curl, but the funny thing was I could figure out from where one of the passages was from, it was from The waisting sickness of Cú Chulainn and I knew that story very well, just not the part that was being asked about. I sort of got the gist of it but not more than that, but I am hoping that it will help bring my mark up anyway. And I left section A to the last minute, because it contained WORDS and I didn't want to do that. 10 words and you had to explain as much about them as you could, well ... let's just say I almost could. But I could do enough so that it satisfied me so right now I am just custie (which I found out today means = excellent).

It's my dad's birthday today, so I am going to ring home tonight when I think they will have arrived home. They were going out at exactly the time I cam home today, they were invited to a Confirmation (Ferming) of a cousin of mine. They get to go (or have to go) to five of these things this year, all of them are in April and I don't get to go to one. But hey, if it means that I get home that much earlier, who cares. I'll just have a mega party when I arrive home.

Well I am away now to be more or extra lazy, I am not going to do much studying tonight ... no really, I am not, just taking a little bit of time to organize things becuase I am going to have to go out tomorrow. Two revision classes and then I am going to the cinema for a little bit of pick-me-up and then I am going home to cook a marvelous dinner I bought at Marks and Spencers, yes I am going to have nice dinners on Easter, I even got a pork-crackling for Easter Sunday!

No comments: