Sunday, April 16, 2006

Easter away from home

They say that it doesn't matter where you are the holidays still creep up on you. They do, but in my case I didn't notice them. Possibly because I have been studying for my exams and also that I have been able to go into shops everyday of the week and weekend no matter if it is Good Friday or Easter Sunday (weird). I am also more used to being aware of the holiness of the season when I have been home, its a lot more festive than here in Glasgow. But it still didn't get in the way of me having great food to eat (that I even cooked myself), althoug there wasn't much to it, just push the trays into the oven, grins). But staying away this holiday weekend from my family and friends gave me this thought, how do people celebrate their holidays away from home, I have always thought that the holidays come to you, that you make the best of it, but I see now I am wrong. It is you family and friends that make the holidays special, and it is with them that you feel the day is special and then you can fully appreciate what the season means.
Oh boy, didn't intend to get so mushy. I got an easter egg with a proverb that was mis-worded, kind of funny but not. Sá sem alltaf er önnum kafinn að gera góðverk hefur ekki tíma til að vera góður sjálfur (transl: The one who is always busy doing good deeds doesn't have time to be good himself) but in all actuality how is that possible so I think it should read The one who is always busy doing good deeds doens't have time to be good TO himself. Makes much more sense like this.

Wishing you all a very Happy Easter wherever you are!

No comments: