Sunday, June 12, 2005

Wedding and more

I went to a wedding yesterday of my friends Guðný and Róbert. The wedding photos should be on the website now. It was amazing, soo beautiful. The sorry state is that the battery finished in my camera before the evening was over so I will have to get some photos from others as well. The ceremony was beautiful and I was reunited with friends I hadn't seen in a very long time. We all had lots of fun (I think and hope). I wish the happy couple all the best!
But today was a little different from yesterday. Today would have been my grandfathers 88th birthday but he passed away last year. But mom and dad and I took flowers to his grave as well as his parents and also my grandfathers grandfather in another cemetery. We also too flowers to plant at my great-grandparents and uncles as well. It was a lot of work, planted 40 flowers in total, but it is nice now. We decided to tend my great-great-grandfathers grave as well, since my grandfather used to do it as well, and since we also knew where it was. His name was Magnús Egilsson and he was born in 1805 and was a stonemason. Pretty impressive history in the cemeteries, is my way of thinking.
Today is also my parents 45 year wedding anniversary so we went out for dinner tonight. It was sooo nice, the food is always good at Lauga-ás resturant. (Sharon, I reckomend it!!!)
Oh, and Sharon and my friends in foreign countries. I went to sleep after 2 o'clock last night and the sun was still shining on the horizon. Now it is completely bright 24 hours of the day, sooo nice. I just want to go out and take a long walk, the weather has also been very nice which makes it that much nicer to think that you can go and take a walk at 2 o'clock in the morning without having to dart between lampposts as quickly as possible or skulk around dark alleys.

1 comment:

G-Doc said...

hae hae
Her er byrjar ad dimma klukkan sex, enda er eg alltaf syfjud klukkan tiu. Sef endalaust.
Annars gegnur allt vel. Er ad flakka med astrolskum strak. fer aftur til Cusco eftir 3 daga og byrja i spaensku eftir eina viku.

Buin ad spotta naesta hosl held eg, Irland verdur tad ( held mig i I unum) he he

stort knus Gudny