Sunday, February 27, 2005

Þorrablót

Went to a Þorrablót yesterday and managed to come back home alive. It was quite fun and the food was good (although some would not agree) and even I agree with some of it. The problem for me was that they served traditional súrmat not just þorramat so the sviðasulta was sour and I really didn't like that. But the rófustappa and sviðakjammar were very good as well as the flatkökur and hangikjöt. I didn't have much to drink of the spirit variety. I only had one glass of red wine, two of Bacardi breezer Orange and two shot glasses of Brennivín and then I just stuck with the Coke so I am good. I took a few pictures but not very many, I'll have to see how they turned out before I put them on the web. There was also traditional singing and fun stuff and even dancing and it was really very fun. But alas then the evening had to come to an end for us and me and Árdís went home in the last train leaving for Glasgow. Arrived in Glasgow about twenty minutes past twelve and then we had to wait for nearly an hour for a taxi, because there were so many waiting and few taxis.

I might head into town to day, just because I can't be bothered to do anything really productive today and I need some lunch and I don't have anything edible in the house.

19 Days Until I come Home!!!

1 comment:

Mummi said...

HEHE.. so you dont like Þorramatur þorra greatings from denmark