Friday, January 07, 2005

So much has happened

I don't know where to start.
I came home on the 17th and as soon as I walked in the door I was busy, cleaning, cooking, washing. But it was sooooo goood to be home. All the preparation before Christmas was really good. And Aðfangadagur was wonderful. My brother and I helped with the cooking with moms instructions of course and it went all really well. Even though my brother got the Möndlugjöf in the end. I got heaps of presants even though I hadn't been expecting it and every one of them was wonderful. But I must say that we all felt that there was one person missing this Christmas. I felt I really really missed my grandfather who passed away just before easter, I still do.
My grandmother was with us this Christmasday though and Júlíus, Svala and Katrín Lilja were there as well and also on Christmas day and the Second day of Christmas.
On Wednesday I went with my brother and sister-in-law to a Christmas ball for my niece, and she absolutely refused to dance around the Christmas tree, even though just recently she was dragging her grandfather around the Christmas tree back home. But when the Santa Clauses came she was in such awe of them. One even patted her head and she found that to be quite the highlight of the year.
New Years Eve, was great, I shopped for food and found beautiful pork steak with wonderful crackling and we enjoyed ourselves immensely, even though my brother and family were at home that night, because Katrin was ill. But the fireworks were wonderful and I had soo much fun and I didn't even go to bed until half past four in the morning.
But the highlight of my year, happened in the new year. On January 1st, my friends held a sort of Indian night, where we all dressed up in Asian clothing, my two friends wore their sarees and I wore my salwar-kameese and even my friends boyfriend borrowed my turban and the whole evening he looked like a sultan with his harem. It was wonderful, it was soooo successful and great. I have pictures!
Then I tried to study, didn't go tooo well, could have used a few more hours in the day I must say. Also another group of friends invited me for a dinner party, and wow did they make delicious dinner. Ummmm, I still remember how great it tasted. And afterwards we played Scotland Yard, an old board game from when we were little, and I was mr. x the second time, and I must say it really gets on your nerves being hunted like that. OOOOOh, I was shaking all over when it finished, but I eluded them, so I won, hehehehehe.
But all good things come to an end, I am afraid, baaaaaahaaaaaaaaa. So here I am now sitting, in my room in Glasgow, almost sick, but refusing to give in to mr. bug and really wanting to go back home. But only two months and I am back home for Easter.
Write soon again, so much to tell.

No comments: