Tuesday, December 19, 2006

S.O.S work

An exhilarating day ... I am dead.  I got a call today from my old workplace, begging me to come to work.  Since there are so few that know how to do the job, they phoned me, because one of the girls was home sick today.  And since I am as good a person as I am, I couldn't say no, so I ran back home from the store we were at got ready and got the keys to the car from dad and ran out.  Got to work just after 2 o'clock.  I had brought comfortable shoes and my mobile charger with me, because my phone went dead, but as soon as I came in through the door at work, I was busy.  Couldn't even change shoes and couldn't start charging my mobile until just before six.  I didn't even get the chance to say hello to people before five o'clock and then not everyone.  And the few others that I passed on the way, barely noticed me because they were so busy, and others were so busy they didn't stop to think that it was a bit weird that I was there.  But it was soooo coool, being back there.  Seeing allt he guys, my boss couldn't stop hugging me for coming to their rescue.  And I didn't even do that much or so I felt, but no matter that because I feel beat tonight.  I met Þorgeir, Helga, Björk, Halla, Ásu, Ingibjörgu and my good old buddies Siggu and Brynju, it really was a reunion of old friends.  Loads of fun, and maybe I will get to experience it again if possible.  And even better I got a prezzie when I left, because I had been working there.  I did open it up when I came home but I can't say what it was because I don't want to ruin the surprise for others, but my advice, if you are not going to open it when you get it, put it in the fridge before Christmas Eve.

No comments: