Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Eftir einn ei aki neinn

I had my presentation today, oh boy, I was scared. Not so much at first, but as more people came in through the door it got worse and worse. I managed to stammer through my presentation, my vocabulary completely diserted me and I was babbling most of the time through the ten - fifteen minutes I sat sweating there. I managed to finish but I was shaking all the way through. Afterwards I jokingly remarked to my friend that I we should head over to the bar, but we went to the Food factory and got something to eat before heading over to Old Irish. I would like to say we went straight there, but we actually stopped on the 1st floor at Jim's Bar and Claire had Malibu and Coke and I had Vodka with lemonade. Now, this was 11:30 am, that's right, before noon, we are soooo bad. But we made it to Old Irish on good time though and when the class started we were completely sober. We were starting with verbs. My personal oppinion is that verbs are put into languages as a deterrant for other people to learn them. But one good thing came from this, got back one of my assest assignment for Old Irish and I got a B+ for putting my 18 nouns into their 5 cases. Brilliant.
But still the day was not over, I still felt I needed something so I went and did a little retail therapy and feel much better now. Got the DVD series Firefly (by the same one that made Buffy and Angel) at half price, so I was pleased. Haven't been able to finish one episode though, I'm such a busy girl you know.

No comments: