Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Speaking exhaustion

I was going to say oral exhaustion, but decided against it since some of you might get the wrong impression of me. I had my Gaelic oral exam yesterday, and at the end I was completely stressed out and was really making a mess of things, trying to express my opinion on the Scottish and English Parlament and taxes in Iceland in Gaelic. I came out from the room, shaking, and could hardly even manage to speak English. So while I waited for my friend Claire I tried to calm down. When she came out I saw where we were headed. We ended up in Jim's Bar trying to 'sober up' after this horrifying experience. Thankfully, this is probably the last time I HAVE to speak in Gaelic, but you never know if I am stuipd enough to go out seeking some outlet of my Gaelic.
Claire is now on a plane heading for Las Vegas, taking a week off, feck all! She is not going to do anything that makes sense for a week and then come back and study for the exams that are in two weeks time. I must say, I would never be able to do that. I would be freaking out from guilt of not being at home studying for the exams. Enjoy the holiday, Claire!!! Bring back some juicy stories for me, am going to need it after all the studying.

No comments: