Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Seminars

I don't know why but seeing my professors falling asleep during a seminar is oddly comforting. Of course some of them do it more than others and sometimes I do it more than often, hehehe. I managed to stay awake for this seminar, and I have been pretty good at staying awake, except at Alex Wolf's seminar. That's when I was completely out of it, although I was still pretty ill so that does count towards something. The lectures that have been presented this year, have mostly been 'internal' as in those presenting them have come from Glasgow Uni, although there have been a few 'outsiders'. Although, even though Alex Wolf is technically an outsider, it's not possible to define him as such, seeing the close ties between him the the Celict medievalists gang at Glasgow Uni.
I am actually starting to look forward giving another lecture, I don't know what is wrong with me. Although I hope it proofs right that 'practice makes perfect'. Hopefully as year two approaches I will actually have a chapter in the making that will make for a good seminar paper. I think I might really be getting into all this academic stuff, although it might just be exhaustion and halusinations of grandeur getting in way of logical thinking. Yes I am such a Vulcan of all things!!! Halusinations are my forte rather than logic and rational thinking, god forbid I get boring!
Well I am off to bed soon, am watching Taken with Liam Neeson right now, it's been a while that I have seen a film where so many people get dead in so few seconds, it's like 24 on speed!

No comments: