Sunday, February 15, 2009

Friday 13th

Feeling unlucky ... not really!
But it's one of those days that seems to creep up on you every once in a while, like so many others. It's also a day that seems to be dedicated to bad luck and horror films. What this has in common I have no idea, probably that if you walk under a ladder you aren't going to have a bucket of paint fall on you, not it's probably going to be a pshyco piano that is going to run after you down the entire lenght of the street before hurling you off a cliff into a piranah infested Amazon river, which there is no logical reason why it appeared there. Horror films just don't work for me.
I went to the cinema once with a friend of mine, a real horror film fan and did something you shouldn't when watching a horror film. I laughed!!! And not just that I laughed outloud, it was a real bellywrenching loud hysterical laughter. Because the scene was so prepostrous I couldn't help myself. Apparently I should have, considering the look I got from her. I had managed to laugh at the worst moment in the film, I swear I really couldn't have picked a worse time. Oh boy, I guess I ruined the experience for all who sat next to me. After the film she calmly said to me that she was never going to take me to a horror film ever again. It was at that moment and not a second sooner that I actually realised that it had been a horror film we went to see. Up until that exact moment I had had no idea that was the case.
I am bad that way, like some people can't watch an adventure film without commenting 'that's not possible', and 'that's so unrealistic', I am 'why did he do that' or 'how come he/she/they didn't do that instead'. So I tend to completely miss the point ... get scared! For me I just see stupid people end up dead and maybe in a very bad film ... [put some drama in your voice] with the last breatht they possess the 'goodies' of the film manage to kill the 'baddie'.

No comments: