Monday, March 12, 2007

Breathing again

I almost feel like I am able to breath again. This past week has just been getting weirder and weirder, but finally I am seeing for the end of it. I must stay, I am so thankful for having friends here in Glasgow, I don't know how I would have been yesterday if it hadn't been for my friend Árdísi. We had gone for a walk to Byres road for just a short shopping. On the way we had a bit of rain so when we reached Subway I was trying to wipe my glasses ... and they broke. I was blind. If she hadn't been there I would probably have sat down on the middle of the floor and howled. We managed to walk back home, she had to almost guide me across streets, because I wasn't too sure about up's and down's and un-evens, but we made it. Because I couldnt' see anything I couldn't find my spare glasses at my flat. But I obviuosly needed new glasses or at least try to get these ones fixed so I headed into the city center and luckyly Árdís came with me. They couldn't fix my glasses so I needed to have a new pair made. So I ended up being blind for up to four hours, and boy does it hurt. Thankfully, when I had picked out glasses and frames it only took just over half an hour to have them made so I just took a nap in the store because my eyes and head were hurting something bad at that stage. So now I have new specs, kind of cool, but I am still getting used to them, and I will probably try to have my old pair repaired. The company is still making them and they have a lifetime guarantee on them so it should be possible.
So you can probably guess that at that stage I was stressed and panicked out of my head, because I had only intended for an hour break from study yesterday and then this happened. So I had to rush home and finish two essays and my M.Litt application form and organize to do all sorts of things for the next few days, because I am coming home on Friday.
Boy am I rambling, you should all get a degree if you have understood a thing I have just written down.
But today, everything has been going according to plan. I did my laundry, made inquiries about my accommodations offer for next year, printed out my last essay, walked to Uni, handed in 1 homework and 2 essays, went to get my transcripts from the previous years to hand in with my applicaiton for M.Litt next year, did that, returned my library books and then headed into the cinty center.
Finally then am I getting my bearings and starting to de-stress a bit. Now the fun stuff begins, as in exams period.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hrabban - Hlakka til að sjá þig með nýju gleraugun :)