Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Amazing and exciting

I did a pretty amazing thing on Monday, or so I think at any rate. I sat down around noon and started my second essay and around dinner time I had actually finished it. 2000 words ... no biggie! It was actually a pretty interesting essay that I felt just clicked. Amazing ... since handing in that dissertation horror of 10.000 words, writing 2000, now, seems almost like not enough.
Today, I went to an M.Litt information meeting and boy, am I excited. I really, really want to take Medieval Scottish Studies, and I have possibly the opportunity to take Old Norse with it. That should be fun and strange. But I am just so interested in it and Dauvit Brown is just the nicest man ever to talk to. He was very interested in my ambition of going back home to Iceland to spread the word and translate old irish and welsh tales. I must say I am very interested in it as well, and can hardly wait for my opportunity to really dig into it for real. It is like my motto ought to say; A rof i a Duw, mi yw da! [Between me and God, I am good!] Ok, a small inside joke. That A rof i a Duw is a very popular sentence in Welsh tales! And I mean VERY POPULAR.

No comments: