Monday, February 19, 2007

Guilt

If I didn't know better I would think I was Catholic. I am riddled with guilt. I can not go out of the house without suffering from pangs of guilt of not staying at home studying. I can not watch television or read a book without regretting my few minutes of escape from studying. Even when I go to sleep I am constantly thinking about school work. This is so un-characteristic of me it is frightful. Usually I have no problem of talking myself into doing stuff other than studying. All of a sudden I am Hermione Granger. Help!
I nearly finished a Welsh Poetry work on Friday and I finished an essay for Old Irish today. Managed to find and read sources for it on Friday and Saturday and I started writing the actual essay yesterday, although the main body of the essay arrived today. Boy was it difficult. At one moment I actually felt like I was going to faint, so I ran outside for some air. Not a pleasant fealing.
I can not wait until I can convince myself that I can very easily not do anything school related work for a few hours. Which will probably be on Wedensday, hopefully I will be going to the cinema then and I know that I will not be working too long on Saturday because I have to go to Edinburgh for the annual Þorrablót at the Icelandic society.
Well, I am thinking of hitting the sack right now. It is just 11pm which will give me about an hour to shut my brains off and get to sleep. Hopefully!

No comments: