Sunday, February 25, 2007

Þorrablót

Oh, boy, it was sooooo good to be able to go out yesterday and not worry about work. Although I do worry about school work continually these days, I decided to leave all that behind at home. No time for that now. My friend Árdís and I made our way to Edinburgh yesterday to attend the Icelandic Society's yearly Þorrablót festival, with good food (depends on your taste) and good people (also depends on your taste). It was amazing to get Icelandic food again, it is not long since I was at home for a short stop, about two weeks, but in those two weeks I had worked up an appetite. And for dessert they gave us Skyr, ooo it was like being in heaven. I couldn't resist munching on a bit of dried fish but it didn't go well with my stomach so I grabbed the nearest bottle of Brennivín and after a short while my stomach was fine again. Brennivin cures everything (if taken in moderation). And then the singing started and all the fun that went with it. Also, there was quite a bit of dancing, and even I joined in. Imagine that. Although, the only music I actually moved at all to was the music that had enough beat and rythm for my to move my hips, which are almost the only moveable bodyparts I possess. But it was oh so much fun, but almost inevitably my leg did give out in the end and I didn't move much after that. During the evening we did part-take of the traditional Brennivín but didn't imbibe on it, so no worries there, only managed about 6 shots during the whole evening, but I still made it back to Glasgow in one piece. Because we stayed so late, we had to take the bus back to Glasgow and didn't arrive back until shortly after 1 o'clock in the morning. I didn't go to bed until 3 o'clock.

No comments: