Thursday, December 08, 2005

Packed and ready to GO HOME!

Wow, this has been an incredible day. I woke up at 8am as usual, but this time I hurried to get dressed and out the door with final laundry before going home tomorrow. When I had finished making the bed with nice clean sheets and stuff it was time to head to Uni. I had three classes today, one straight after another, and then I finished at two. When that happy hour arrived, I flew out the door to meet my friend Árdísi outside the subway station and on we rolled into Buchanan Street Subway station where we lifted off to go to UGC Cinema to see THE CHRONICLES OF NARNIA. Ok movie, but dear lord, how long IS it! We managed to get into 2:20pm show but it probably didn't start until half hour later and we didn't get out of the screen room until 5pm. Thankfully the movie stirred a few good memories up from watching the BBC version of the Narnia Chronicles so I was absorbed in the movie and didn't really notice the time pass. But then reality intruded and I had to head home to START pack. Yes, at that time I hadn't even started packing and I am going home tomorrow. Well we got home just before six and I started packing for real. I finished packing quarter to seven. I hurried to tell my friend Árdísi, because she has been quite worried the past few days, that I hadn't even started thinking about packing yet. Then for about an hour and half I was cleaning my room. Now, I am sitting down for the first time in more than two hours and eating my dinner, that I ordered from Chow's. Probably the best Chinese place in Glasgow.
I am completely done in, but I am just soooooo looking forward to going home, I don't mind at all. But oh, dear, there will definitely be excess baggage on the move tomorrow and that does not include me.
Friends and Family ... see you tomorrow. Friend in Glasgow ... see you in the new year!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

gangi heimferðin vel.. og eigðu svo góð jól Elín mín...

kær kveðja frá dk