Friday, December 03, 2004

a bit more

I came home to day and found a package waiting for me, I was soooo happy to get a package. It is always fun to get a package. It was from my friend Kristín, who works with me at the Iceland Post office and she even sent me Pipp. Boy, did she know what I needed. It was soooo cold today and I was at school for seven hours freezing my ass off. There was no place where there was even a hint of heat. No wonder there are so many that perish here in Britain from the cold, I almost did and I am an Icelander and shouldn't be complaining about the cold. Or at least that is what people are telling me but they don't understand it never gets this cold in Iceland as we know how to heat our home, and do it when we are actually at home. They don't do that here, they have it timed so that the heat is on for the first few minutes in the morning when I wake up and go OUT into the cold and then when I come home at five most of the heat is gone and nowhere to be seen again. Thank God I have a heater otherwise I would be flying horizontally home this Christmas. Brrrrrr!

No comments: