Thursday, August 25, 2005

Glasgow shops beware

Well, here we are again! Mom and me, and no one is holding the purse strings. We arrived yesterday and took the day easy. We arrived in Glasgow shortly before noon, and the rooms weren't ready at the hotel so we went into the city center to get something to eat. Of course the shops near us weren't overlooked so we brought a few bags along with us to the hotel again. Then I went to a quick visit to my room at the Queen Margaret Halls to check if everything is all right. It was so I just went back to the hotel where I found mom in a very good condition. She was hardly affected by all the things we had been doing. She was even in better shape than I was. So we took the rest of the day easy and had dinner at the hotel. It is a really nice hotel, the minibar is free, and there is Gin, Sherry and Whiskey in decanters as well for the guests enjoyment. There is also an Executive Lounge for guests where they can get coffee and all sorts of drinks and alcohol free of charge. Went to bed after reading a few passages of the Black Death (cheery stuff).
Woke up at 7 o'clock in the morning, had breakfast and then headed off to the University. I didn't really feel that I was going to an exam, it sort of just didn't fit into the picture. But everything went fine, I am most likely sure that I didn't fail it so that's for the most part. Just glad it is over. After the exam I went back to the hotel. And yes, Björk, I travelled with the subway!
Then mom and I hit the shots, and oh boy, people who get sales commission and met us are very very happy tonight. Didn't really come home from the shops until 8 o'clock pm, aside from one short stop at the hotel. Then we had dinner again at the hotel, delicious beef fillet. Right now we are just lounging about and watching tv. I think that is an excellent idea, because my feet can't carry me from the chair I am sitting in right now and into the bathroom (and the chair is on wheels). Write more soon and maybe then I will have some pictures to put on the website as well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hejsan! til hamingju með að vera búin í prófinu :)
Ég er líka búin að vera að missa mig í búðum hérna í Gautaborg - meirasegja búin að kaupa fartölvu!!
Góða ferð heim,
kveðjur og kossar frá svíabúunum