Monday, July 04, 2005

Impatience is a virtue

At least the way I see it. I have been biting my nails to the quick worrying about my grades and honors and all the stuff that goes with it. I finally cracked today and wrote to my head of department asking if by some chance my letter had gotten lost on the way here from Germany with too little payed for safe delivery before the next millenium. But no, he told me that they hadn't still sent them out, they had meant to but hadn't, and he hoped that they would do it this week. This is very relaxing news, very calming, especially if you know my department you know that this is good news. Because this department is very un-organized and just getting the news that they are thinking about you, is very heartwarming. It will reach me sometimes in the near future. When that is, I have no idea but I do know that it is closer than the next millennium.
So back to crossing my fingers and leaving my nails alone.

No comments: