Monday, October 06, 2008

Phd .... what am I getting myself into?

Where did the time go? It seems such a short time ago since I started my first year at Glasgow Uni and now ... dududrudu Phd! And I have no idea what I am getting myself into. Thank God I still have Catriona to lean on for sanity, although I might drive her towards the loony end of sanity. I have yet to meet my professor so I still don't know what they expect of me this year. But I already have homework to do. But that is self-imposed homework. I decided to take more Old Irish courses ... yes, I am a sucker for punishment some would say.
However, it is debateable whether this is the best or worst time possible to be starting a phd. With the krona as weak as it is, it is disturbing to be in Great Britain.

I am so poor I can't even fart as to prevent my underwear to wear out too quick!!!!

But I am still determined to enjoy the time and just learn to live frugally ... very, very frugally. I should be able to do it, I watched Sandra do it last year. I miss her! There was definitely something missing when coming back. I think Catriona and I are thinking of trying to enlist some of our friends to join us in Phd-land support group!

No comments: