Saturday, October 07, 2006

Life on campus

My fourth year is beginning at Uni and that means that I have been staying in halls for as long.  Through these three years and now for the fourth year beginning I have lived with many interesting and strange people.  Unforgettable peopel really, like first year flatmates,  Hamza, which is not his real name, but the name he gave us in case he didn't like any of us.  Laura, my friend and future doctor.  Lewis my friend who invited me to his wedding this summer and Dinesh.  I lived with Dinesh the longest, he had the room next to me for three years.  He just moved out this summer and I don't really know where he moved to, he is a bit tricky to keep taps on.  Must find out though.  But well, since he moved out and him not being a person for cleaning much, has left more than three years of accumulative stuff in the kitchen that has not been cleared out by the professional cleaners gotten in during the summer, even though they say they will throw anything left out.  Two more years, and seven more different occupants mean that they left things as well.  Well, finally something was done about it.  The new Senior Resident in the flat is Gemma and she got boxes for all the stuff to take out.  Now we just needed to get dirty and sort out what we were going to ship to Dinesh and what we were going to throw out.  We dug in one Saturday afternoon and boy was there a lot that was thrown out yuk.  We even went through the fridge, since we had been finding stuff in the cupboards that had expired a few ... well I was going to say months but I can just as easily say years.  The fridge was a frightening place to visit.  We threw out eggs since May 2006 and an undated half opened can of tuna in a box, we threw the box out as well.  Not to leave out the ham from 2005 and some interesting stuff from 2004 that we didn't even recognize any longer.  But finally we were done, and now we can actually use the kitchen without being afraid of creepy crawlies and other much scarier things. 

No comments: