Thursday, February 09, 2006

A mostly Chinese evening

Last night, Árdís and I went to the cinema. We decided that it was finally time for us to see Memoirs of Geisha. We didn't want to go to the cinema and then have something to eat, so we bought the tickets and then went hunting for a place to eat. We finally stumbled onto a Chinese buffet style resturant. You pay for the buffet depending on your departure from the restaurant, and you can eat as much as you like. What is nice about this place is that it actually had an incredible amount of yummie selections, from salad, starters, main courses and desserts. I think we ate for the whole week, won't have to cook at all. After this wonderful meal we rolled out of the restaurant and back to the cinema where, as tradition dictates, we went straight to the bar on second floor to wind down after the huge dinner and knock down a few beers or Vodka Ice drinks.
The film itself was very nice, quite compelling, I found myself quite often moving my head in accordance to the figures in the film, almost trying to imitate their movements and actions, I got so lost in it. It is also quite moving, in a way that I would recomend emotional people to bring a towel with them if they feel like letting loose in the theater. And so even thought we went to see a film about Japanese Geishas the actors in the film are mostly Chinese so I would say that along with the dinner it was a mostly Chinese evening we had. I liked it!

No comments: