Monday, September 26, 2005

A weekend in few words ... well not so few!

I must say I had a really nice weekend, but I am getting bored. It feels like it is going to take for ever for the school to start, but then now, when I am so close to going to school and classes I feel as if I want another week off doing nothing that makes sense. For the last few days I have gone shopping and to the cinema just to get out of my itty bitty tiny winy room and get some air. On Saturday, Árdís and me even went to the cinema before noon. Went to see Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, and although I am a die hard fan of the old one, I have to say I didn't find this one that bad, although it was not fantastic.
Yesterday we also hit town but for whole different reason than shopping. We decided to dress up and go out on the town. Started with dinner at T.G.I. Friday's and cocktails of course. Then we started aiming for the UGC Cinema, but went to a tiny 24hour for some stuff and by that time we had completely forgotten the cineman and decided to hit the next pub or .... uh skemmtistað, drawing a complete blank on the english word for it. We ended up at Edwards, quite snobbish but not that posh I think, all the guys were searched at the doors before being allowed in, probably to keep from fights (with dangerous weapons) taking place or someone smuggling alcohol or other weird stuff inside. This place was sort of different from many places here in Glasgow, as it was basically two pubs in one, Edwards on the first floor, and on the second floor, where we really wanted to go but couldn't because they had closed of access to it when we finally figured what was up there. The place is called Reflex and is supposedly blasting out all the favorite 80's music. Damn, we wanted to go there, but maybe some other time. It was colorful to say the least to see the Glasgwegian nightlife for your own eyes. Thank God I had Árdís to commentate on it and compare it to the nightlife back home.
But we didn't last very long, me being so old and senile. Árdís commented on that her mother would be very glad to know I was the one going with her out at night, so she would still be coming home and reasonable hours, hehehehe. I still didn't go to sleep until almost 4 am and didn't wake up until 12 pm. Thankfully I hadn't had much to drink last night so I was not suffering any after effects.
Now, today was quite another matter in a fine day definition. Dear God, I swear Glasgow was flooded. It rained not just cats and dogs but a whole zoo. I nearly drowned going into the City Center and back again. I was sooo glad to get home and take a shower, and then finally get dry and warm again, ummm, nice feeling.
Soon, I will be heading to my waiting bed and read a for a few hours, until I fall asleep. School is just approaching way too soon right now, although I have been waiting for it impatiently for ... well, most of september. Now I am not so sure, but hey, we'll see if I am still alive at the end of the week.

No comments: