Friday, August 06, 2004

Multi*lingual*ism

Is it possible to be too multilingual. I am afraid so, everytime I fling a sentence at my friends they never know what it is or how to take it. Usually you combine a couple of words or prhases from other language you and your friends know, but when you know languages your friends and family don't it complicates things. And most important of all, YOU CAN'T SHOW OFF, because they have no idea if what you are babbling is even correct or makes any sense at all.
My problem is I can speak fluently Icelandic (I should hope) and English (getting there every minute) and then I can read and write in Danish, French and German. I can also understand Norwegian, Spanish. I am currently studying Scottish Gaelic at the University of Glasgow and now my favorite hobby is studying Hindi. My friends Dinesh and Hamza (and wee Raj, have too include him as well), they introduced me to Bollywood movies and I fell head over heels. I know have seven and I love them to pieces.
Oh, and the reason I haven't written in many many days is because I have been so busy I haven't been able to call one minute my own. Hope it will not bee this long until next time.

1 comment:

rassgat said...

Hilsen fra Køben!

http://brundfyllisgremja.blogspot.com