Friday, November 10, 2006

No chocolate covered bananas ... yet

I felt it was time to let people know that I haven't kicked the bucket yet.  You might consider me to be a basket case but otherwise I am fine .. mostly.  My stress levels are up by a few hundred percent, I have never felt myself under as much stress in the last three years as I do know.  I blame the dissertation for that mostly.  And this month seems to be taking my stress levels through the roof (although since I am on the second floor it hasn't a long way to go).  I am hoping to be going to see Cats at the King's Theatre tomorrow.  The only cats I can tolerate and am not allergic to are the theatrical variety.  Then I have to finish my work on a presentation I am giving in Medieval Welsh Literature for Thursday.  I will be talking about the oral tradition and how the views of Kenneth Jackson and Sioned Davies clash on their interpretation of the oral tradition regarding the Pedeir Keinc Y Mabinogi (or the four branches of the Mabinogyon).  Lost of fun stuff there.  Then I have to start my essay, that I have to hand in on December 4th, but I want to get it out of the way as soon as possible.  Especially since I will be getting a visit from my friend Hrafnhildi and a two of her friends as well with her.  I will be going with them to see the Merchants of Bollywood on the 24th, a very colourful Bollywood musical, the first of its kind.  For every Monday morning I have to translate from Old Irish a page of Fingal Rónáin (or Rónan's kinslaying) for the Advanced Early Gaelic texts course and I usually have a translation assignment from Middle Welsh to contend with as well before Monday or Thursday in the latest.  The funny thing is that I am actually quite enjoying this all.  On top of this I am doing my best to strenghten the economy of Britain with my christmas shopping.  The good news is that this week the St. Enoch's square Christmas fair opened up, and I went to take a look at it today.  It was a bit windy and rainy today so I didn't take a very good look at everything, found the most exciting part in seeing one of the vendors trying to eat a croissant while holding onto the tent over his stall from blowing over.  Who says men can't multitask.  But I will definitely be going back and taking a better look at the wares.  I am also waiting to see if I will be getting any chocolate covered bananas again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Hrabban here.

Oohh, the fair, you must let me know if the guy with the christmas decorations is there this year!

Hugs and kissses :*