Sunday, November 26, 2006

The Merchants of Bollywood

It has been a while since I have really blogged, but that is because I have been swamped at Uni, and not had much of what you could call a social life. Had my nose burried in books for three weeks or more. But yesterday I looked up out of my books and I got a visit from Iceland. A friend of mine, Hrafnhildur arrived in Glasgow on Thursday with a couple of her friends and they came to see me and spend the day with me. I showed them my school and my neighbourhood, then we went out for a wonderful dinner at Ashöka, before going to SECC to see The Merchants of Bollywood, a Bollywood musical, portraying famous Bollywood scores from films.


For two hours I had terrible time of sitting still and not break out in a sing-a-long. I knew almost all of the songs by heart. It was amazing, and so thrilling, and my shoulders were going crazy along with my head swinging back and forth to the beat of the drum... not advicable though, because now my neck and shoulders are inflamed and they hurt.
I bought the cd with the show's music, just for the hell of it. It was really funny at times and really cool and wonderful to watch, most of the time my head was swinging from left to right, up and down, because there was so much to be seen and notice. With all the hand and finger movements that were at times really difficult to see, it was just so mesmerizing.

No comments: