Saturday, December 08, 2007

I got a brain-cell today

Yes, I was a bit more scatter brained today than most days, my friends noticed. So one of them very considerately gave me a brain-cell. I still have it but it is in my bag, maybe not the best place to keep it if I don't want to loose it. I might need it.
This has been a very active week to be honest. But a wonderful one and now it is only about 8 days until I go home for Christmas. First thing first.
I got an e-mail last week from my friend Shammi (my friends Dinesh's girlfriend) who is in Sri Lanka. I got so excited about the e-mail I contacted my friend Laura (their friend as well) and we decided to meet up on Wednesday and I would tell her the content of the e-mail. So I picked up a wee Christmasy present and a bottle of red wine and headed over to Lauras. I had barely said hello to her when I told her the news. Dinesh was flying to Sri Lanka on the 4th and they were getting married on the 6th! I am soooooo happy for them, they so deserve this and its something everyone of us have been praying for and waiting for. Although I was a bit sad that I couldn't have been there with them, they had said that when they would get married I was definitely invited. So now I just have to get them to marry each other again when I see them so that I can take pictures and say that I was at their wedding. But it was just such amazing news and wonderful that Laura and I were able to sort of celebrate with them, even though it was on the 5th we got together.
But it was so nice to see Laura again, because of the hectic schedule we both had last semester we didn't get an opportunity to see each other then, so it was almost a year since I last saw her. But it was still like no time had passed except we had a lot of things to talk about, it was great. She had been to India for a replacement thingy as she is studying to become a doctor. This is her fifth and final year and she is very very busy. She cooked a wonderful meal for us, she is such a great cook, you will never be diappointed with her cooking. So we just sat around drinking nice red wine and enjoying ourselves immensely talking about this and that for hours and hours and could have kept on going except that I had to go home as I had Old English class at ten in the morning.
I hope it will not have to be a year until I see her next.
Then today we (Sandra and Catriona and I) had decided to make it a night out before calling it quits at Uni before Christmas. We were to meet up in Buchanan Galleries af 4:30 where Sandra was shopping for a birthday present for her sister. She went to the Bear Factory (a wonderful place) and got her a teddy bear that says Happy Birthday in three languages (Welsh, Icelandic (that's me!!) and English (with a Scottish accent)). It was great, I almost lost myself in there. Then we went to get something to eat and we were going to worry about getting cinema tickets later. We ended up in the all familiar place of All you can eat Chinese Buffet place on Sauchihall Street and ate and ate and ate. The problem was that when it came to the deserts it was a toss up between staying and going to the cinemas. In the end we crawled out of the place (I want to say stuffed but Sandra said that it was rude, so I won't) and headed for the cinema, where we got tickets to see the Golden Compass. Nice enough visually, storywise hmmmm, and if ever there was a film screaming SEQUEL this is it. Even though I knew nothing about the movie itself I knew it was a part of a trilogy of books so I knew there were more movies to come but this was way to sequelly-endy for me.
But I just loved it, and for some reason I was having one of those days where my brain just didn't connect with anything so Sandra very helpfully drew a picture of a brain-cell and gave me. Something tells me it is not working properly, because here I am writing a blog when I should be in bed. I just had to get the news out that I am now an official owner of a brain-cell, a portable brain-cell!
Well, I am now off to bed and hoping for snow so that Catriona will be happy!

Quotes of the night: 'I have to go to the wee room', Catriona: 'It tastes very Christmasy' Elin responds 'I have never tasted Christmas, is it good?', 'Where are the tickets ... this is not funny!', 'Facaib (that sounds rude)!', 'That giggle!'.'The buses...', Elin: 'I went to the ballet and saw hihihihi' (and a bit of a twirl), Sandra responds: 'That's the best representation of a male ballet dancer I have ever seen!'.

No comments: