Saturday, November 24, 2007

I have discovered that I have superhuman powers

For the past few days I have been "entertaining" myself with reading excavation reports in archaeology for Tuesday class and almost putting myself into a coma. Which means that most of the things that I read went in one ear (as they say, although it should more likely be an eye) and went out the other. But while my brain was so completely unoccupied I managed to have the weirdest conversations with myself and I came to the conclusion that I might have the power of making therapists retire early. Because no one could listen to the stuff that goes around my brain and stay sane, which explains a lot but gives not comfort.

When I started this blogentry I actually thought I would have something to ramble on about, and I don't. It's the end of week 9 at Uni and I think that is affecting me in some way. Like this weekend I am totally in denial that I have homework, spending my time in the shops (+ spending more than an hour to try to find a taxi to ferry me home) and watching television. I managed to finish my Latin translation on Thursday ... does it make sense ... no! So I will have to use some time to make it into readable and understandable english and not just word babble. Then I also have that stupid archaeology reading to do and I am just going to ignore it, can't be bothered with it at all, it is so flawed and in so many ways that it is driving me nuts.

I managed to bag another Christmas present today, which makes it a grand total of two. What will happen if I run out of ideas, huh? On the other hand it is not so easy to find presents today because the likelyhood of people actually owning the things that I think up for them is pretty good. Even Makini!!! Not that I would ever every buy one, but I thought it would be a great gab present for a friend, or at least a friend of a friend. Met him on MSN when I came home and told him that you could actually buy a Mankini (like the one Borat so famously wore in his film) and what do you think his reaction was. "I already have one of those!" Do I have weird friends or what? I gatered from him that he had actually bought one for HIMSELF! His poor girlfriend (my dear friend who will remain anonymous for this post), actually witnessed him trying it on. ... I wonder if there were any photos taken? Okay, really going down the wrong road here ... and you wonder why I am a basket case. Things like this don't help! Which makes my headache of finding presents seem like a month of migranes.

Tomorrow, marks three weeks until I go home to Iceland. I really can't wait. As much as I have been loving my time here, I am really wishing for some Icelandic company as well. I was so on my onesome yesterday that I texted a friend of mine here in Glasgow who is babysitting a cat that I was in the city center drinking mulled wine and already having had my first chocolate covered banana of the Christmas season! I miss you Árdís. It is strangely bizarre of not having you here, I can't shop. I need inspiration. Can't some of you guys come for a shopping trip for Christmas because I am failing here. Soon I will be a shopaholic without a job and the economy will suffer! Don't let that happen!

Okay, I have to go to my own little world now to talk to all those funny people in white coats. See you later, guys.

No comments: