Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Excuses, excuses

Yes, I am sooooo using the internet as an excuse of not studying. Especially right now. I am reading through Economic Archeology and if anyone else thinks this is an oxymoron phrase, welcome to the club. This is more boring and painful than going to the dentist. I have not even completed my first chapter in the exciting book of Dark Age Economics, that I have come to the conclusion that archeologist are pompus assess, too full of themselves to even want to consider other fields of studies to help their research unless it is as boring and stuffy and them and that is ... whohey, you got it economics. These two groups work well together to try to fit everything in neat little boxes of organisation and administrative bodies. The statements of you need at least this many people in a community of planned streets and A MINT (here in the context of coins or coinage) along with religious center and judicial system to make an acceptable town to be worthy of their scrutiny. I am quite tempted to use a lot of adjectives describing the text and the author and other scholars mentioned in the text in very explicit and unflattering manner but because I like to keep things from being x-rated I will refrain from it. Just know that I am pissed off and in no way wanting to continue reading. But this will hopefully be my only day reading about economic archeology because I am going away for the weekend and am not going to be spending much time on my studies except, I optimistically state, on the flight to and from my place of destination!
There the rant of October finished and now I have to get back to work.

No comments: