Monday, June 25, 2007

Hmmmm, about time I let you know I am still alive

Yup, alive and kicking, mostly kicking on another website, but that one is in Icelandic so it is not for all to understand. There hasn't been much happening in my life since my birthday except I'M GRADUATING from the University of Glasgow on FRIDAY!!! I actually got my exam results a couple of weeks ago, so lazy me not writing about it sooner. I will be flying to Glasgow on Thursday and will be coming back home on Sunday, so, not a long trip, but essential. Today I also got great news for a nerd like me. At the graduation a Gaelic poet, Ruaraidh MacThómais is going to be receiving an honorary doctorate from the University. And right now, I feel like an idiot, going; ''Like, I'm gonna meet him, like, see him there like. Wow, like that would ever happen, I'm just like tickled pink to be there with him, when he gets that thing!"

I am so looking forward to friday, well, even just to thursday. Of getting back to Glasgow, I feel like I am going to THE land of retail therapy. I have been in such trouble with finding anything at all in the shops here, and no, it's not all for me. I have been trying to find birthday presents like the dickens (it's a phrase not an author of several celebrated books) here as well.

! But for your notice. Some of my close aquitances have been inquiring about this website. I am not going to make it sound as if I am so important that they broadcast the graduation just because it's me, but for anyone, who would like to enjoy the opportunity of seeing me being whacked on the head with a hat and lassoed with a scarf, please feel free to check this out:
Graduation 29th June 2007,
it's at 4 o'clock in the afternoon local time, and that would make it at 5 o'clock in Iceland.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bara til hamingju með þetta og ef ég væri ekki á leiðinni út á land á föstudaginn þá myndi ég horfa á Lafðina útskrifast... Og með ljóðakallinn... Ég myndi verða eins ef ég fengi að hitta Joey, yrði alveg crazy af gleði og hamingju.... :)

Anonymous said...

Langaði bara að óska þér til hamingju með þennan áfanga
Sá þig taka við skírteininu í alveg rosalega formlegri athöfn, fannst hatt thingið algjör snilld (ætli kallinn sé samt ekki þreyttur í hendinni eftir daginn)