Friday, May 11, 2007

Unbalanced

It will probably not come as a surprise to many of you that I am unbalanced, but now I have the diagnosis from the doctor to confirm it as well. Yesterday, when I woke up and tried to rise up I knew something weird was going on. I managed to get up but I could barely walk, my legs were like jelly and I had no control over them. I managed to get to the doorframe and grab hold on it and from there to the bathroom where I almost keeled over. Cold sweat sprung forth all over my body and I felt terrible. I managed to get back to my bed where I laid down and couldn't move. If I tried to lie on either side it felt like being in a merry-go-round at a 100mph nonstop even with closed eyes. I did not feel well. Everytime I tried to move to take a sip of drink everything started moving so I decided to just lie there on my back and try to get my world under control. I managed to fall asleep until lunchtime. When I woke up I tried to sit up and went into the kitchen to try to get some more liquid into me. About twenty minutes later I went hurtling into the bathroom where I threw up everything I had had since waking up. Not fun. Mom called the doctor and he though I might have a touch of 'vertigo' (yup, like the Eurovision song from Malta), but he wanted to confirm it in case I needed some more doctoring (... like shaking). I went to the docotor and he said that I had most likely caught a virus that attacks my equilibrium and should get better in the next few days and I might expect another attack like the first one in 2- 3 weeks time when my equilibrium is healing again. It is sort of a self-adjusting mechanism that goes to work then. But right now, I am feeling better, I just have to take care when I get up and avoid any sudden movements or looking up or down. When I get ... I call it attacks or a touch of it ... I sort of get a touch of a headache and nausea so I just have to take things easy for a while, but I am not completely vegetated, I am alive and mostly functional.

No comments: